The professional world regularly uses presentations, audio, and video content for various projects. But are you using them correctly?
Presentations can be an excellent way to engage your audience visually. However, adding the personal touch of audio narration is the most effective way to captivate your audience. And the best way to record professional-sounding narration is with a voice over microphone.
How to Choose a Voice Over Microphone
Voice over microphones are essential to add a personalized touch to your presentation, screen recordings, webinars, or video content. Plus, they are easy to set up.
However, choosing the best microphone for voice over work is not simple. There are many considerations. When choosing the right mic for the job, consider:
- Price and budget
- Type of microphone: Condenser or Dynamic
- Diaphragm size: small or large
- Frequency response: from 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz
- Does the mic need a preamp?
- Mounting and placement
- Adjustability and positioning
- Portability and storage
- Connection type: USB or XLR
- Compatibility with your gear and software
Rather than waste time combing through online reviews or seeking different options, just read on. We’ve crafted the following list of the best microphones for voice overs:
1. RODE | NT1-A Cardioid Condenser Microphone
The RODE NT1-A is an oldie but goodie from one of the top microphone brands in the industry. It is a reliable and reasonably priced condenser microphone that boasts studio-quality performance. For example, the NT1A:
- Picks up vocals ranging from whispers to screams with its highly sensitive converter
- Minimizes background noise from bleeding into your recordings
- Ensures high-quality audio conversion to your presentations
The NT1-A is a solid mic to invest in, whether you’re considering upgrading your computer USB microphone or an older mic. If you are interested in enhancing your professional studio, the Rode NT1A voice over microphone may be your answer.
- Large-diaphragm with 1″ gold-sputtered capsule
- Cardioid polar pattern
- Ultra-low noise, self-noise of only 5dB (A)
- Wide dynamic range
- True condenser (externally biased)
- Internal capsule shock mounting
- Includes RØDE SM6 shock mount, pop filter, XLR cable, and dust cover
- Ten year extended warranty when you register your microphone
2. Blue | Yeti Pro XLR and USB Condenser Microphone
The Yeti Pro is one of the best microphones for voice overs in the industry. It offers a studio-like quality at a 24-bit audio resolution at a reasonable price. The Pro version also provides XLR and USB outputs, making it one of the most adaptable mics on the market.
Its ease of use and excellent quality make the Yeti Pro an outstanding USB microphone investment for your home or professional audio content.
- 24-bit/192kHz audio resolution for superior recording quality
- Analog XLR connection for use with pro-studio gear
- Can record in stereo, cardioid, omnidirectional, and bidirectional modes
- Proprietary capsule design to capture sounds with detail and articulation
- Zero-latency headphone monitoring with controls
- Gain control, mute button, and other features for a hassle-free workflow
- Includes desktop stand for studio or desktop recording
- Includes XLR breakout cable and USB cable
- Mac and PC drivers for easy recording with your favorite software
3. Audio-Tecnica | AT2020USB+ Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone
The Audio-Technica AT2020USB+ delivers one of the top USB voice over microphones on the market. This model offers a studio-similar quality mic at a 16-bit audio resolution at an affordable price. It also provides a USB output, making it easy to convert your audio on a computer.
The AT2020USB+ has fewer controls, lower resolution, and is less adaptable than the Blue Yeti Pro. However, if you’re looking for a cheaper microphone for voiceovers and podcasts, the Audio-Technica AT2020USB+ is an excellent choice.
- Condenser microphone with USB output for digital recording
- High-quality A/D converter with 16-bit, 44.1/48 kHz sampling rate
- Internal headphone amplifier delivers clarity and musical detail
- Headphone jack with volume control
- Mix control to blend your microphone signal and pre-recorded audio
- Extended frequency response suited for podcasting, home studio recording, field recording, and voiceover use
- Includes pivoting stand mount, soft protective pouch, tripod desk stand, and USB cable
4. Neumann | TLM 103 Condenser Microphone
If you want a microphone that records premium audio quality, look no further than the Neumann TLM 103. It’s a top option for professional studios in the music and radio industry. It’s also one of the best microphones for voice overs.
The TLM 103 is popular in the music industry because of its ability to capture clear recordings while minimizing feedback and self-noise. However, the Neumann TLM 103 is pricey.
If you’re looking for a less expensive alternative with similar quality and features, check out the Neumann TLM 102. It carries a high-quality audio reputation at almost half the price of the 103 model.
- Large-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone
- Pressure gradient transducer with one-diaphragm capsule
- Transformerless circuitry
- Low noise: 7 dB-A
- Frequency range: 20Hz-20kHz
- Rated impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1 kOhms
- Includes swivel mount, wooden box, and stand mount
AirDeck Has Your Voiceover Needs Covered
Are you struggling with how to add audio to Google Slides or how to record a webinar? AirDeck delivers the best screen recording software. AirDeck enables you to create high-quality content with flexibility and ease in just seconds. With AirDeck, you can:
- Create presentations, videos, documents, and other content
- Record audio and video to personalize your content
- Upload content and edit your content, hassle-free
- Manage and organize your content with ease
- Engage your audience with Audio Narration
- Create and insert surveys directly into your presentations
- Share your work via email, social, or direct link
- See viewing activity and access analytics features
- Live chat with our dedicated team
You can also record short segments and re-record slides you may have messed up. This capability makes it easy for you to create and edit presentations from webinars, screen recordings, or any other content you have.
Don’t have a voice over microphone or are unsure of whether to invest in one? AirDeck has professional voiceover actors and graphic designers ready to help you refine your content. Adding a personalized message is the best way to engage your audience.
The possibilities are endless with AirDeck!